Wednesday 17 October 2007

MumBhAi!!!


Aah! Mumbai!! This majestic city has had the privilege of being home to a number of great minds. It added another one to its roster on the 18th of June, 2007, when I touched down at the CSIT. With a bag of hopes and dreams I must add. Now while I do not remember much of that fateful day, one thing I do remember was the incessant rainfall. It was like the city was trying to show off its monsoons. I know this because of the fact that it chose to rain only whenever I stepped out. I do remember lugging my baggage from the airport to the institute building to the new hostel to the old hostel and then back to the new hostel! I remember paying a rickshaw driver ten bucks to take us a distance of hardly twenty metres in the rain. I remember being so dead tired that I skipped dinner. Something I haven’t done in a long long time. I guess that day set the tone for what was to follow in the next two years. It wasn’t all damp though. The first few weeks were all about the excitement of doing an MBA. It all died down pretty soon and ground realities sank in. I probably did more work in those few weeks than I had done during my four years of engineering! Got me thinking about whether this is what I really wanted to do. But having already chosen a dozen different career paths over the last dozen years I figured I’d just stick to this and see what it all leads to. Here is to a future without regrets. Cheers.

No comments: